Tuesday, July 9, 2019

A WEEK IN SPRING OUTFITS

Spring and Summer in England always leave me struggling to find an outfit that will work throughout my day. The temperature doesn't like to stay consistent, leaving me with the struggle of keeping warm in the mornings and evenings while sweltering in the heat at noon. To combat this struggle I thought I'd share a week in my outfits - these were taken from spring but English summer doesn't seem to be particularly summery yet.

(NewLook bodysuit, Primark skirt, Molly Glitter Dr Martens)

The purpose of this outfit was to try and look at least a little bit like spring had sprung - hence the floral skirt. I love this skirt and have already been wearing it to death, the fit is beautiful and flow-y plus it sits at the perfect length to add a pair of Dr Martens. The bodysuit - even though long sleeved - is a great material to keep you warm but not to overheat when the afternoon sun breaks through the clouds. This is a great outfit to at least feel like it could be summer.

(Charity shop T-Shirt, Lee Cooper Jeans, Nike Air Force 1's)

I haven't been wearing jeans very often at all recently but the light wash and loose fit of this pair I found in a charity shop feel almost perfect for the English weather. There's something about high waisted, cuffed jeans that screams spring to me, even though I did add a lot of black to the outfit, I still think this is relatively spring-esque. I used to be obsessed with cropping oversized mens t shirts that I had found in charity shops, this t-shirt being one of those and even though the cut is awful and choppy I think it emulates my style perfectly - a bit all over the place.  I love my air forces but often I am too scared to wear them for the sole reason that they are so white and perfectly clean - I tend to fall over a lot and ruin nice shoes. 

(Adidas Hoodie, BooHoo Jeans, BooHoo coat, Dr Martens)

Sometimes the evenings get really cold in Summer, and sometimes in the mornings and afternoons too if you're from England. One of my favourite ways to look more put together when I'm just really not feeling it is to add my full length leopard print coat, it makes me feel powerful. On the days where all I do is nothing then realise I have to shop for food or run out somewhere quickly, I don't see the point wasting a nice outfit or getting dressed at all really but just by wearing this coat I feel like I am wearing a proper outfit and not just jeans and the hoodie I slept in last night - but I could be wearing my pyjamas underneath this coat and still feel like a catch. 

(TopShop top, BooHoo trousers, Dr Martens)

A nice colourful outfit for summer, as much as I love feeling summery I will never betray my emo roots of having a wardrobe full of as much black clothing as I can find. These BooHoo trousers are my go to when I don't know what to wear, they're basically 'classy'  joggers made of a thin ribbed material with a belt made of the same fabric - without a doubt the most comfortable item of clothing I own. The black bandeau top is another one of my go to's, I wear it to death. It's so comfortable and easy to wear, just remember to suncream your shoulders (unlike I did). I thought this may be too much black for summer but then again, you can never wear too much black. 


BooHoo bodysuit, BooHoo dress, Dr Martens)

I wish I could've worn this without the black tights but I guess it does mean that I didn't have the chore of shaving my legs. I layered this mesh bodysuit underneath my dress just for something more to shield me from the cold but as I was going to a gig I wasn't too worried about staying warm. I really enjoyed the monochromatic look especially with the spring inspired purple on purple, it made me feel very put together.

So it's not all doom and gloom, the weather may not be fulfilling your summer hopes and dreams but at least you can still look and feel cute.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© listen to me baby | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig