Tuesday, April 2, 2019

MY FRIDAY! LUSH BLOGGER EVENT AND TATTOOS!

I started off my Friday by going to see the amazing BloodFlowersTattoo at FatFugu tattoo studios to get some more of her beautiful work added to my body (hence the cling film wrapped arm). This time I opted for two little tattoos, a snowflake for my little niece Jeanie and a dog appreciation tattoo for obvious reasons. I hadn't been into FatFugu since it's renovation and I was shocked with how different it now looks, the place is so welcoming and relaxing and everyone there was lovely. BloodFlowersTattoo is without a doubt my favourite person to get tattooed by, she's so easy to chat to and she's insanely good at what she does.  If you want to read a little more about her or my other tattoos then I have a whole blog post up about them all and how I look after them. 


As some of you may know, March 29th marked Lush's 30th birthday and I was invited along to their birthday event!  They have added over 50 bath bombs, a mix of completely new bath bombs and also bringing back some old favourites. Each store can choose a selection of these 50 products to bring into their individual stores, this means each store could have a whole different bath bomb selection. I got to chat about the new bath bombs with the wonderful staff and learn about all the ingredients and the wonders each bath bomb can do for your skin. 


I was invited to smell and play around with these new bath bombs to help the Northampton Lush store chose their favourites. I even got my own lanyard! I felt very special, especially since this was my first blogger event, the Lush store made me feel so welcome and were so good at explaining each new product, what the ingredients were and how they would benefit my skin. I also got the chance to make my own bath bomb! Mine doesn't look nearly as nice as the picture in the store but I'm still pretty proud of my attempt at a bath bomb. I made the geode bath bomb which is the fanciest bath bomb I've ever seen, so much glitter and sparkle, I can't wait to use it!

'This precious geode is formed from mineral-rich salt and antibacterial sodium bicarbonate, drawing out impurities from the skin to leave it feeling thoroughly cleansed. As it cracks open with popping candy, pearl lustre escapes like fragments of agate and the water turns an eye-catching gold and pink colour. Lavender absolute and bergamot work in harmony, leaving your mind crystal clear.' - Lush




After smelling the majority of the bath bombs in the shop I narrowed my favourites down to seven, I was aiming for five but couldn't do it so I settled with the seven. Carry on reading to get an overview of my favourites and a little bit of extra information I picked up from my chats with the wonderful staff!

Ginger Ninja



'Hidden inside this stealthy ninja lies an abundance of highly skilled ingredients working undercover. This balancing bath bomb will help you to keep a cool head no matter what life throws at you, while sharp sicilian red mandarin and enlivening bergamot oil will leave you feeling quick-witted and alert. Swiftly fizzing around your bath, Ginger Ninha leaves a trail of copper lustre. Warming ginger gives a powerful punch, before this cunning bath bomb disappears in a flash of popping candy' - Lush

A little back story I was told about this bath bomb is that the inventor watched japanese fight movies and incorporated his love into this bath bomb. The design of the bath bomb is so cute and glittery, once in the water it creates a bronze, sparkly bath with little star surprises.

Magma




'Drop it like it’s hot into your bath and watch as a warming orange foam escapes through the cracks in this red orb. As this slow fizzer dissolves into spicy cinnamon and peppermint leaf steam, it eases tensions with a comforting menthol aroma, giving your skin a whole lotta lava.' - Lush

I was told at the even that tis bath bomb is great for an after workout pamper, helping to relax the knots in the muscles and reduce back pains. It lives up to its name 'magma' by giving off a volcano like explosion when placed into the bath.


More Tea and Sympathy



'A soothing, cleansing soak is anyone’s cup of tea. Lay back and steep to your heart’s content as an Earl Grey tea bag emerges from the bright pink fizzing teapot that releases a feel-good bergamot and neroli fragrance and a spattering of blue cornflowers. With green tea to clarify and cleanse the skin, there’s plenty of reason to treat yourself or a loved one to a much-deserved cuppa.' - Lush

This bath bomb is adorable, it is part of the lush mothers day range and if you know me at all, you will know that I cannot live without tea so this is the perfect bath bomb for me, there's even an earl grey tea bag in the centre! The perfect little mothers day gift.

Black Rose



'Wash away your woes with sweet rose. This richly romantic Turkish rose and lemon love story will have you falling head over heels for bathing all over again. A kiss of conditions Fair Trade cocoa butter hydrates, while balancing geranium leaves you skin looking blooming beautiful.' - Lush

I had to buy this one, cocoa butter is my favourite thing on the planet and this bath bomb is full of it. This bath bomb turns your average bath into a black oasis, fizzing slowing to reveal an 'arty' fog to bathe away your woes.

Hulder



'Take a clean break with sea salt to cleanse mind and body. Cypress and elemi oil give clarity to tangled thoughts, while sweet tangerine oil rejuvenates the skin. Emotionally balancing and grounding, a touch of davana oil soothes and brings you back down to earth - a bath bomb to wash away even the muddiest of days.' - Lush

I love the story behind this one! A Hulder is a seductive fairy in Norwegian folklore, the Hulder fairy lures men into the forest. I'm not sure exactly how this relates to the design of the bath bomb but it does look gorgeous. The contrast between the purple and the emerald green is gorgeous and all the sparkles and crystals on the top look great whilst also being super beneficial to your skin, the sea salt crystals helps relax your muscles as well as softening you skin.

Strawberries and Cream




'What could be better than bathing in a big bath full of strawberries and cream? Use whole, or twist in half to share with a loved one. Fruity strawberry powder freshens and tones, while the creamy filling in this sandwiched bath bomb melts, leaving behind deeply softening water. A touch of black pepper oil gives this bath bomb an edge and brings out its sweet berry scent.' - Lush 

I received this bath bomb in my little Lush gift bag they so kindly gave me and I'm so excited to use it as the 'cream' in the bath bomb contains cocoa butter which my dry skin absolutely loves. The smell this bath bomb gives off is super sweet and as the weather starts to get warmer I imagine this will create a lovely spring time bath. 

Blackberry






'This fruity favourite has returned - Pick this berry when you need to untangle knotted thoughts. Fizzing into lovely lilac waters, Blackberry Bath Bomb has a sweet but earthy fragrance, setting your feet firmly back on the ground so you feel more rooted. As it is released into the water, woody olibanum covers the skin in a soothing slip, hydrating and softening. Found in essential oils such as lemongrass and neroli, limonene adds an uplifting, clarifying kick, working in harmony with cleansing bergamot. Sink deep into the steamy water and let your worries dissolve.' - Lush

The Blackberry bath bomb is the first bomb that Lush created and it was discontinued before I every got to try it. Its comeback includes a revamp in design, now looking exactly like a blueberry as well as smelling like one. I love the concept of using this bath bomb to re-centre your thoughts and the hydrating element of it really speaks to me. I was told the deep purple water dances with the oils creating beautiful spirals across your bath, that sounds magical.


I would just like to say thank you so much to Lush Northampton for inviting me and being so welcoming and wonderful! I had such a lovely time and came away with some really exciting goodies to try out! What is everyones favourite bath bomb? I would love to hear some recommendations as I have arrived a little late on the bath bomb trend. 


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© listen to me baby | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig