Tuesday, May 21, 2019

1 BODYSUIT STYLED 3 WAYS

Recently I have been trying to add more colour into my wardrobe but most of my staple pieces are still black, it isn't often that you will find me wearing an outfit that doesn't feature a black item of clothing. I think that black clothing is so easy to style as you can add so much colour and texture alongside the simple colour, layering is something I love the look of and this is why I love my bodysuits so much. I have many bodysuits but the one I tend to wear more often is a long sleeve, black, ribbed, turtle neck from NewLook. The turtle neck design is perfect for layering as the high neck makes so many other necklines look good over it and with the bodysuit being so plain I can layer pretty much anything over the top. I thought that with the weather getting slightly warmer, and the need for big winter coats depleting, that some layered outfits would be perfect to stay warm but not too warm so I put together three different outfits that all feature the same bodysuit.

(BooHoo dress, Miss Selfridge tights, Primark belt, Kickers shoes)

By layering more casual items under a 'party' dress you can get a completely different look while also keeping yourself warm. I love the colour of this dress so I didn't want to add too many colours so the focus would stay on the royal blue. I added the sparkly tights after gaining inspiration from Miley Cyrus' Met Gala look and also because they're just adorable. I thought that adding the glitter would keep with the slightly more dressed up vibe and add a little more texture into the outfit. I chose to wear my platform Kickers to add some more colour amongst the base of black clothing. I love the squared off toe style of these shoes, I think it adds a unique look that separates Kickers from any other brand. 

(Boohoo trousers, second hand jacket, DollsKill handbag, Dr Martens boots)

This second outfit is a bit more casual but a lot more colourful. I paired the black, high neck bodysuit with these really funky yellow plaid trousers, I originally wanted a pair similar to these on MotelRocks but then found these much cheaper on BooHoo and they're exactly the same! I added the red vinyl handbag as the ring detail on the handles matches that of the zipper on the trousers, it's a simple similarity but I think it looks pretty cool. I wanted to keep it simple with my choice of shoes as there is already so much colour happening with the trousers and handbag so I wore my black Dr Martens boots to match the bodysuit and keep the focus on the yellow. I probably would've added a black, cropped jacket if I had one as I think that would've matched the outfit slightly better than the blue denim but still, I think that the frayed hem of this jacket matched the vibe of this outfit as a whole.

(Boohoo top, Primark belt, ? Trousers, Dr Marten boots)

This outfit incorporates three of my favourite fashion trends, black, pink and leopard print. I have no idea where I bought these trousers but they are so comfy and are just the perfect baby pink colour and they may be *slightly* see through but that won't stop me. In the summer, praying that England actually gets a summer, I will happily be wearing this outfit without the bodysuit but whilst we're still in the colder months I think it's still a super cute outfit! I again paired this with my black Dr Martens to give some consistency amongst the pattern and colour, the black also contrasts against the 'girly' pink and gives a more edgy (for lack of a better word) look.  The leopard top is actually a mini dress from BooHoo but it works when you have these wide, baggy trousers to hide the bottom of the dress, I've tried to wear this with really tight trousers and it looked a little funny. 







Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© listen to me baby | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig