Monday, May 27, 2019

ONE OF MY GO TO MAKE UP LOOKS

(such low quality but the only photo I have of this make up)

I'm not great at make up but I've been wearing it for nearly 8 years now so I'd like to think I've slightly improved. When I started wearing make up I didn't know YouTube exitsed so I was wearing bright orange foundation, blue eyeshadow and red lipstick, once my make up was done I would spray my face with hairspray and be done with it. I don't know why my mum let me leave the house looking like this but she did, I like to think I look a bit better then that now. I used to wear make up religiously, I felt like I had to wear make up to look and feel beautiful but now I hardly wear it and I feel great with or without make up. This is one of the makeup looks I usually go for, but I have been trying to teach myself some more exciting eye looks and hopefully I can perfect them and share them with you soon.

I only recently started to test out the 'soap brow' trend and I have yet to master it fully but it is already my favourite way to do my eyebrows. I use a transparent soap and a spoolie to brush the product into my brows and press all the hairs upwards, this makes my brows look a lot thicker then they actually are and helps me create a more natural looking brow which I have been absolutely loving. I do this before I apply any face make up so I can clean any excess soap from around my brows without ruining my makeup.

Prepping the skin is the most important part of my make up, I have very dry skin so before I apply my foundation I like to add as much moisture into my skin as I can. After I've done my skin care I use the Revolution Baking Oil, I use an oil because most primers have a mattifying effect which I don't need at all. This oil is really nice as it doesn't make the skin feel greasy but does make dryer areas of skin a softer base for foundation. After I have used the oil I go in with the Revolution Blur Stick to fill in my pores around my nose and cheeks so my foundation doesn't sink into them, sometimes I use this stick even when not wearing make up as it gives the skin as smooth look and feel which I love.

I apply my foundation using  damp Real Techniques sponge, I have never used a brush to apply my foundation and I doubt I ever will as I like the finish that the sponge gives and it is so easy to apply. I never drag the sponge against my face, I always 'pounce' it onto the skin to stop any streaks or any patchiness on the dryer spots of skin. I use a small amount of foundation as I only aim to cover the redness on my skin, I use my concealer to brighten under my eyes and to cover anything that the foundation couldn't. Before I use any powder products on my face I use the darkest colour in the NYX concealer pallet to start to bring some warmth and shape back to my face, I try to use as many cream products as possible as the work better with my skin compared to powder products. I set my face with a light dusting of setting powder again using a damp sponge and I bake underneath where I will attempt to contour later, I do this to help me keep the darker powder where I want it and prevent it falling too far below my cheekbone.

I don't think I actually contour but I just put bronzer just below my cheekbone mostly to bring some colour back to my face. I use 'The Balm Cosmetics' Croeso bronzer from the 'Travel Palette', it's pretty neutral (not warm or cool toned) so I like it because it's pretty hard to mess up and add too much, it doesn't get 'muddy' or patchy. I use an angled brush to apply it, I used to use a large fan brush but I find its better to use a smaller brush to keep the product exactly where you want it. I use the same angled brush to apply my blush, I again use the 'Travel Palette' and I use the 'huan ying' blush. I like a peachy blusher and I apply this on the apple of my cheek and bring it across my cheekbone all the way to my temples. Before I set my face I fill in my eyebrows, I wait to do my eyebrows till after my face make up because, again, I'm not too good at make up and would absolutely cover my eyebrows in foundation id I did it the other way round. I use a tiny angled 'Morphe' brush and a dark brown eyeshadow to try (I emphasise that word - try) and create natural looking hairs. Once that is done I wipe my baking powder away and to set my face I use the 'Nip and Fab' Illuminating fix mist. Before this fully sets I use the highlighter from the 'Travel Palette' and blend this in with my blush for a more subtle highlight.

One of my favourite make up styles (I don't know if that is the term for it) is to only wear eyeshadow along my bottom lash line, I have relatively hooded eyelids and I haven't yet mastered any look that suits me. For this look I used a burnt orange shadow on a small, dense shadow brush and smoked out my bottom lash line before adding three small dots using a black gel eyeliner. I created a winged liner using Revolutions 'The Liner Revolution', this was the first time I used this eyeliner and even though the felt tip makes it incredibly easy to create a wing the product was a bit too grey and it took a couple of layers to build up a nice dark black wing. I love the formula of this product though, even after a full day of wearing it there was no drying or flaking of the eyeliner. To finish off the eyes I use 'Maybelline Great Lash' mascara on the top and bottom lashes. Lastly I applied L'oreal Paris colour riche matte lipstick in 655 copper clutch, I apply a little in the middle of my lips and blend it in with my finger to create a shearer coat across my lips. I also added some lip balm over the lipstick as I have run out of lip gloss but still wanted a little shine.

I love this look, it makes me feel good about myself and that's the most important thing when it comes to make up. (Side note - since I wrote and filmed this nearly two weeks ago my make up routine has already changed somewhat so if you would like to see another make up video of what I do now please let me know!)
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© listen to me baby | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig