Tuesday, October 1, 2019

SEPTEMBER IN REVIEW - WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO THIS MONTH

This past month I've been trying to get back to routine and working hard after a very long summer break. I was in a little bit of a rut so I decided to take action and plan blog posts and more fun activities so I could get back to 100%. Whilst brainstorming post ideas I decided that each month I would write a look-back at everything that happened, things I loved, what music I was listening to and so on, so this post will hopefully be the first of many look-backs. I'm thinking of it almost like new years resolutions but just at the end of each month rather than year, whilst also giving an insight on what I've been enjoying recently - kind of like a vlog but written?

Starting September


September started whilst I was on a lovely holiday with my boyfriend and his family, we spent a week by the seaside and, though the sea breeze was less breeze and more gale, we had a wonderful time - it was the perfect way to end the summer break and relax before going back to university. I hadn't been eating the healthiest of foods, not just on this weeks holiday but throughout the whole summer break! So I made a pact with myself to get back to healthy eating and trying to drink more water, just looking after my body in general really. This routine wasn't hard to get back into, as soon as I started eating foods that are better for my body, my body thanked me and I felt really good in myself.

Another thing I wanted to do this month was to try a little bit of exercise, a couple of times in summer I did a little bit of easy yoga just for something to do so I wanted to try a little more. Through September I did yoga nearly every single day by following youtube videos, just half an hour a day and it does really set you up for a great day. Some days when I had no plans and sat watching TV all day, just by doing half an hour of yoga I felt like I'd at least accomplished one thing and it really helped me relax more.

What I got up to this month



This month I was so excited to see all my friends, being back with everyone that I missed over summer was so lovely and we did loads of really nice things. A couple of my friends had birthdays so we got to celebrate them, loads of my friends played gigs through the month so not only was I spending time with great people but I got to listen to great music too! Sometimes I accidentally stay inside for too long and don't go places unless someone else has made plans with me but this month I really tried to make loads of plans with people and have a good time - which I did! The above photo makes me really happy because that is a genuine smile! I used to cover my face when having my photo taken or I'd do the fakest smile so that my face didn't look funny or whatever I thought, but that smile there is a happy smile where I was having a great time and not worrying about anything. 

I also sort of learnt how to ride a skateboard, not amazingly well but I can move on it and not fall off which I've always been too scared to do. Early September the weather was so lovely and warm so I wanted to make the most of it and spend time outside before the inevitable rain poured down. When the colder weather did come round, instead of it putting a downer on my mood it just got me ready for Autumn and more importantly Halloween. I love Halloween, plus its just after my birthday so I have basically two or three weekends of just parties. By mid September I had already started watching Halloween movies and scouring the internet for costume ideas.

I also had a moment of insanity where I decided it would be a good idea to bleach my fringe but obviously it didn't go well and now I have fixed my mistake by dying all my hair jet black - maybe I will play into the black hair for a halloween costume? Despite the hair mishap, September was a great month for me. I had loads of good times and I feel like now I'm back on track, I'm super excited to start back for my second year of uni and spend more time with my friends and family. 


What I've been watching


Before all my friends moved back to start the new year I had a lot of free time so I took this as a chance to watch 'Maniac' on Netflix, I was saving this show for a time when I knew I could sit and watch a bunch of episodes at once as it looked very confusing and I knew that I would forget what happened in previous episodes and just loose the story line. 'Maniac' starts Jonah Hill and Emma Stone (my favourite lady ever) as two strangers placed together in an incredibly intense drug trial used to cure mental illness. The story is clever but slightly confusing, I had to concentrate very hard but I loved it and would recommend to anyone. 

I also watched Jessy Nelsons documentary 'Odd One Out' after seeing people rave about it online and whilst watching it I cried a lot, like a lot a lot. Bullying and trolling is such an important subject to cover and it's incredible how brave Jessy Nelson is to share her story and recovery on such a large platform. Even if you have no idea who Jessy Nelson is or if you don't like Little Mix, this documentary is a must watch to educate people on the consequences of their actions. 

I've never been into Youtubers that much, there isn't many people I religiously watch but if you haven't already heard of Bailey Sarian you're in for a treat. Bailey Sarian runs a series (I guess you could call it that) on Youtube called 'Murder Mystery and Make Up Mondays', it's pretty self explanatory but every Monday she talks about a true crime case whilst she does her makeup. I like these videos so much because all other true crime videos have that creepy background music and the graphic photos and video clips which freak me out a little too much, so watching a gorgeous lady do gorgeous make up whilst also talking about interesting cases is a lot better for me. 


What I've been listening to


September hasn't been a good music month for me, not much music has come out this month that I have really enjoyed. But I do love Lana Del Rey's new album 'Norman Fucking Rockwell!', not only is the music orgasmic but the music videos are beautifully cinematic and a pleasure to watch - I never expected anything less from the Queen herself.

'Soeur' also released an EP this month featuring one of my favourite songs, 'No Show'. I first saw Soeur at The Sunflower Lounge supporting Orchards and have loved them ever since, this EP is full of beautiful, slik harmonies and heavy guitar. Angry lady music is always good. 

'Counterpart' by Insurgent is another of my favourite releases, if you want to hear more about it read last weeks blog post where I reviewed the single.

Plans for October


This month I really want to take more photos, I was going through my pictures and I realised I never take photos. I like to remember things by being present in the moment but I would like to have some visuals to look back on. Also Instagram is the main source of promotion for my blog and as of right now I post very sporadically so having more content would really help me boost that side of things. I'd also like to start watching Peaky Blinders as I live in the neighbourhood where the series is set, I walk past the original Garrison pub every time I leave my flat so I feel almost obligated to watch it.

I'm so excited for October, it's officially Autumn, it's my Birthday, it's Halloween - all of my favourite things in one month. I hope everyone else had a great September and I wish you a happy October. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© listen to me baby | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig