Monday, December 16, 2019

DYING MY HAIR A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT SHADE OF BROWN AND CUTTING MY FRINGE WITH KITCHEN SCISSORS


I've have been messing around with my hair for 9 years, I don't remember what my natural hair colour even is at this point. I murdered my poor hair by home bleaching and dying it so often so in an attempt to revive the mop, for the past year or so, I've be a brunette and have been loving it. I love dark hair on me, it makes me feel really confident and I think it suits me well. I documented this whole hair ordeal on my IGTV if you'd like to see me make slight changes to my appearance. 

My hair needs a lot of love and care to keep it nice and soft but since my roots are a lighter brown to the rest of my hair, I do have to dye them to keep up this deep brunette facade. Last time I dyed my hair I used the 'Schwarzkopf Colour Expert' and found that the 'omegaplex' (whatever that may be) made my hair feel so healthy and luscious, so I decided that I would dye my whole head to get that much needed anti breakage, anti damage goodness over all my hair. I also did this as I was scared the dye might be the wrong shade and would leave my roots a complete new colour and I was right, it was darker so thank god I did this. Another reason this dye is great is that you put it on dry, unwashed hair so you don't have to go through washing, and drying your hair to then dye it, wash it and dry it again. 


Whilst the dye was .... dying? Developing? Whatever it was doing, it took twenty minutes so I popped on a face mask and some of them under eye serum pad things. The 'by nature Brightening Clay mask' is one of my favourite masks at the moment, it makes my skin look so fresh and clean (clean). Whenever I have dye on my hair I get so nervous I'm going to lean up against or fall into the white walls of my rented flat and create a mess I'll never be able to clean up, it may sound far fetched but if you know me you will understand that I don't need something to trip over, I just topple randomly. 


After the twenty minutes was up I jumped in the shower and, after the dye was rinsed out, I used my Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner to wash my hair. The only reason I use these products over another is because they're on offer like all the time. I like the smell of them both but if they're not on offer when I'm shopping and something else is, I will always go for the cheaper option. 


This mask is my favourite hair product in the world! It smells like those foamy banana sweets that everyone had as a kid, the perfect smell for hair. I use this stuff as a mask in the shower but you can also use it instead of conditioner AND you can use it as a leave in conditioning mask once you get out the shower! I love it. It's also cruelty free, vegan and full of natural ingredients. It makes my hair smell amazing, feel so silky and soft and I just love it - couldn't live without this stuff. 

Before my hair can dry too much I brushed it all through and combed through my fringe to get it all where it should be before I butcher it with my kitchen scissors. My fringe grows so quickly and I don't have the time or money to be trekking to a hairdressers every other week to get my fringe trimmed - so I do it myself, and regret it nearly every time but I'll never learn. I like my fringe to be quite short, not sure why, I think it looks cool. It's super hard to make it even so I always start by cutting it longer than I want then evening everything out before going in to cut more off. This takes me so long, probably too long but I'm scared to mess up. I also cut little upwards strokes, which I think it called feathering? It simply thins out the bottom of my fringe a little so it looks a little nicer and less like I cut it with kitchen scissors. I then blow dry my fringe and clean up any bits of fringe that I hadn't noticed when it was damp.

I then blow dry all my hair, I know you're meant to use as little heat as possible on your hair, but I read somewhere that the weight of wet hair pulling at the hairs root is really unhealthy for the hair and leads to more hair loss, which I don't want so I always dry my hair. I don't straighten or curl my hair too often but I do find that I have to straighten my fringe regularly to stop it flicking sideways, I just curl it under so it's all sitting straight and even. I don't use fancy hair straighteners, these are so old and I think they're from the Morrisons clearance section - we don't need to be fancy to look fancy. 

I'm not sure what the point of this blog post it, if anything it's probably that you don't have to splurge on fancy products to look kinda cute. Also you should take care of your hair, if you bleach it constantly for years on end it's going to come back to haunt you. And finally, maybe you should get hair scissors if you're going to cut your own hair, I'm going to ask for some for Christmas - great present idea. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© listen to me baby | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig