Tuesday, June 18, 2019

MORNING SKIN CARE



If you know me you will know I absolutely love skincare, I am constantly trying new skincare and having pamper days where I just treat my skin to all the goodness I possibly can. I don't always use the same products every single day, I use different products but I keep the order of my routine the same. I don't have very problematic skin but I do have some areas that I focus in on, I have quite dry skin so I like to use products that will hydrate my face and leave it feeling soft and moisturised and I have a little bit of hyperpigmentation and some acne scars around my cheeks and nose which I aim to even out as much as possible.


To start I wet my face and use a the VitiminRoseBeauty Antioxidant Jelly Face Wash to clean my skin. In the mornings I don't like to use anything harsh on my face, I just want to gently take off my night time products and wake up my skin a little. This is why I have been really enjoying the jelly face wash as the product is so smooth and doesn't aggravate the skin at all, it is perfect to just leave a clean, smooth canvas behind. I wash off the face wash with a small sponge I bought from Primark, this sponge is really soft and for me is less messy than splashing water everywhere and getting it all down myself to be honest.

That's all I do to cleanse my face in the mornings so I then gently pat face dry, I don't drag the towel against my skin and this would make my sensitive skin all read and angry. To tone I use a Rose Quartz Face Mist, I still am not sure on the benefits of toners but this one gives me a little hydration and it smells really nice so I am enjoying it at the moment but I still need to try out a couple different toners to see what they really do.

The next step is my favourite, serum. I absolutely love serums, I have so many different ones but I currently do have two favourites that I use every day and night and don't think I could live without! Once my toner has sunk into my skin I go in with the Glow Lab Complexion Facial Serum which smells SO good and leaves my skin feeling so soft. After using it for a couple of weeks I have notices a change in my skins complexion, it's much more even and even the texture across my face is significantly smoother than it was before. The only downside of this serum is that GlowLab products are only available in TK Maxx in the UK and sometimes they don't carry the line at all so if you come across a bottle I'd definitely pick one up. Just because I'm extra I then go in with another serum, I use the Nip and Fab Dragon Blood Plumping Serum and focus this only on certain areas of my face. This serum is so hydrating but it's main purpose is plumping so I focus it on my smile lines and around my mouth as well as under my eyes, this leaves my skin feeling so hydrated and does leave my skin feeling plumper wherever I use the product.

While my serums sink in I hydrate my lips using Palmer Cocoa Butter which is so moisturising because my lips get so incredibly dry and if I don't use lip balm they will literally crack and bleed throughout the day so Cocoa Butter has been a lifesaver for me. I then go in with the Bean and Body Eye Cream which is perfect for the mornings as it gives my eye bags a little lift and makes me look slightly more awake, I like this eye cream as it doesn't take ages to sink in - I used to use the ELF hydro eye cream and it would take so long to sink into my skin and it added way too much time onto my routine. I do really want to try the Ola Henriksson Banana Bright Eye Cream, I've seen such good reviews of the product and it look beautiful but it is £40 so maybe someone wants to buy it for my birthday that's only in 4 months? (that's a hint).

To finish off and moisturise I use the Skin Therapist Day and Night Hydro Boost, this feels so light on the skin but is still so hydrating and soft. If I'm going to be wearing make up I tend to use a much thicker and heavier moisturiser to prep my skin but today I wasn't wearing any makeup so I wanted a lighter moisturiser to keep my skin from looking greasy. After I've moisturised I spray the Nip and Fab Hydrating Dragon Blood Fix Essence purely because it smells really good and gives a really nice glow to my skin.

This may seem like a tonne of steps but I enjoy having my me time in the morning and showing my skin a little bit of love before I go about my day, obviously you don't have to use a million products to have nice skin but it's all personal preference and this is mine.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© listen to me baby | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig