Wednesday, June 12, 2019

MY FAVOURITE MUSIC OF 2019 SO FAR



Somehow we are already halfway into 2019, time is going too quickly. To mark the past six months I thought I would share some of my favourite music that's been released so far in 2019. I will admit outright that I have had a little bit of a pop obsession this year, I don't apologise. I will also say that I am definitely a song/playlist person compared to an album lover, most of my favourites are just single songs. 


7 RINGS - ARIANA GRANDE and MONOPOLY - ARIANA GRANDE AND VICTORIA MONET
Of course these are my go to party playlist starters, if I'm getting ready to go out these songs just put me in such a good mood and make me feel so confident. 

FEEL IT SOMETIMES - HUNGER MOON
This song is so beautiful and is perfect for them chill evenings - just light a candle, read a book and listen to this song.  

KILL THIS LOVE - BLACKPINK
Yes, I listen to KPOP, well just this one band really. I heard this song first from their performance at Coachella and just thought it sounded really cool, they're the perfect girl group to be honest. 

HYPERSONIC MISSILES - SAM FENDER
Sam Fender's music is a nice change of pace with more political and social themes running through the lyrics. Rather than singing about girls and stuff he actually writes music about interesting subjects. I saw him live earlier this year and it was amazing, the music is just awesome and I can't wait for his album in August. 

NO SHOW - SOUER
Souer supported Orchards when I saw them earlier this year and I kind of preferred them to the headline act. I personally think that angry girl music is always good but this duo blew me away and their music is one of my go to's now. 

LOVE LETTER - NINA NESBITT
I mainly love this song because it gives me intense cheetah girl/early 2000's throwback vibes which is the era I wish I was still in. 

SLOW DOWN - MAVERICK SABERE AND JORJA SMITH
Jorja Smith's voice is the smoothest sound to every hit my ears and I will forever be in love with her. This pairing (Sabre and Smith) was a perfect vocal match and I love the soulful pop-py feel of the song, easy to listen to and easy to love.

LOTTERY - JADE BIRD
Jade Bird reminds me a lot of Courtney Barnett but a lot more country. Her lyrics are so witty and her music is easy to listen to plus her voice is super powerful and it's just nice to listen to. 'Uh huh' is also on her album which I also love, but if you don't like country-esque music I would't recommend. 

WELCOME TO THE END OF YOUR LIFE - THE DRIVER ERA
I didn't know Ross Lynch could sing until I googled him after watch 'Sabrina' but wow, I like his voice a lot. I would definitely class 'The Driver Era' as easy listening or radio pop but I do really like this song.

MERCEDES MARXIST - IDLES
Releasing new music just after releasing such a highly raved about album is a scary thing I imagine, but of course IDLES killed it. They will always be one of my favourite bands and I will love anything they release.

NOTHING GREAT ABOUT BRITAIN ALBUM - SLOWTHAI
How can you be from Northampton and not get excited about this album? Making it big outside of Northampton is the dream of anyone from there (within the music industry or any other industry) and Slowthai is proving that it's possible, giving us some hope that we have a shot. Aside from the hometown pride, this album is one of the most impressive debut albums I've ever heard but did I ever expect anything less from Slowthai? 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© listen to me baby | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig