Tuesday, June 18, 2019

TRYING NEW MAKE UP



The other day I went into town to buy my sister some birthday presents and because I have no self control I ended up buying myself a variety of new makeup. I was really excited to try them all out and thought I may as well justify my purchases by turning this into a blog post. I hope you enjoy this type of post because then I can buy more make up guilt free to do more blog posts like this. 


To start my make up I primed my face with the 'NIP and FAB dragons blood fix essence mist'. I've been contemplating the need to prime recently, I just don't feel like they actually do anything to improve my make up at all but maybe I just haven't found the right one yet. I like this spray as it hydrates and gives my skin a really nice glow but its more skin care then make up really.

I was really excited to try the 'Wet n Wild photo focus foundation' as I have heard such amazing things about it recently plus it's vegan and cruelty free but I was so disappointed for so many reasons whilst applying it. First off it smells absolutely disgusting - literally like paint and the smell didn't go away at all, that was the first strike for me. The second problem is the coverage isn't really there, the foundation is very thing and watery and didn't cover everything I would've like it too but I have watched other people use it and they've look amazing? I applied two layers but maybe I should've used a brush instead of my beauty sponge but it was really underwhelming. The last strike was that it started to separate and look very dry on my skin, the products clung to my drier areas of skin and made my face look very textured even though I used many moisturising skin care products prior to applying it. I even went back in with my 'L'Oreal  Paris Infallible 24 hour longer liquid foundation' to add some more coverage but it didn't help much now that the foundation underneath was dry and patchy. I will try this foundation again, using different products underneath and applying it with a brush just to see if I can find a better way to wear it and actually look nice.

After foundation I went in with my ride or die 'Maybeline instant age rewind concealer' to add some more coverage under my eyes and to highlight the high points my face as always, I don't think I'll ever use a different concealer as this one literally changed my life. To contour I used the 'Max Factor miracle contouring palette' and applied this with my Real Techniques contouring brush just in the hollows of my cheeks to make it look like I have cheekbones and then I set everything in place with a little bit of the 'C.Y.O fixing powder'.

The next new products I tried was the 'Bourjois Delice De Poudre Bronzer' and the 'C.Y.O angled face brush'. I really like the pigment and colour of the bronzer, it's perfect for gently warming up the face without looking muddy or orange but the C.Y.O brush was a little too dense and stiff for the powder but I do think it'd work really well for blending out a cream contour or concealer as it is so dense.  I switched over to a fluffier, pointed brush to blend out the bronzer and it worked perfectly plus the bronzer actually smells like chocolate! I tried yet another new product for blush, I love peachier toned blushes as I think they compliment my skin tone really well and when I saw the 'Make Up Obsession Isn't It Peachy Palette' I new it was basically made for me. The pigment is amazing and the colours are gorgeous so I mixed the brightest blush in the palette and one of the more neutral toned blushes to create a gorgeous shade, I will definitely be buying more make up by 'Make Up Obsession'.

To highlight I used the 'E.L.F Jelly Highlighter' in 'Mist', I've never used a jelly highlighter before but they seem to be very on trend at the moment and I like to keep the amount of powder products I use to a minimum as I have SUCH dry skin. This highlighter is so, so pretty and gives you that perfect glow that just blends seamlessly into the rest of your make up, it isn't sparkly or shimmery its just super glowy. Once I was basically done with the skin I used the 'NIP and Fab illuminating fixing spray' to set my make up and then I went over my highlight with the Highlighting shade from 'The Balm Cosmetics travel palette' just to intensify that glow.

I haven't gotten over the soap brow trend yet so I used my transparent Pears soap and a spoolie to brush up my eyebrow hairs and then I used a 'Revolution' eyeshadow to fill in brows, I have dyed my hair quite dark now so I started with a dark brown colour and then went back over gently with a black eyeshadow just to match my eyebrow colour to my hair. I use a very thin angled brush to create hair like strokes as I prefer a bushier, thick brow. (off camera) I went back in with the soap and a spoolie afterwards just to push up the hairs even more especially at the tail of my brow. Now, I don't normally wear eyeshadow but I didn't want to wear eyeliner today so I tried to work up the confidence and do some eyeshadow but I got a little nervous and only used one colour on my lid, whoops. I used the 'Morphe 15N Master Artistry Palette' and placed the colours 'Shook' and 'Va Va Voom' which are warm brown tones on my bottom lash line and then placed 'Custom' a light, earthy pink colour all over my lids. Not very exciting I know but the eyeshadow formula is gorgeous, I have never used Morphe eyeshadows before but I was expecting high quality and that's what I got.

To finish off the look I again had two new products to try, again I don't really wear lipstick too often but I am trying to expand my beauty horizons at the moment. I used the 'Hema Lip Pencil' in shade '24' which is an orangey brown shade and I attempted to line my lips which was a bit messy but good for a first attempt if I do say so myself. I then went in with the 'Revolution Pro Supreme Matte Lip Pigment' in 'Affection' which was surprising creamy for a matte lipstick. I definitely could've applied it a little neater but I did really like the colour and the formula didn't feel drying or sticky so I was pretty happy overall.

I hope that I can make the 'Wet n Wild' foundation work for me as I loved all the other products I tried this time. If anyone has any make up recommendations, specifically foundations for dry skin, then please tell me!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© listen to me baby | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig