Monday, November 11, 2019

MAKE UP I HAVE BOUGHT RECENTLY


Before Halloween I started buying a bunch of new make up ready for the exciting looks I had planned for certain parties and other Halloween like things. Obviously, because I'm me, I never actually got around to doing fun make up looks for anything. So now I have a bunch of new make up that I thought I may as well use for a little post so I can feel like I spent my money for a good reason, rather than just buying stuff that I know I probably don't need. 


I start with the 'Prime Time Replenishing Make Up Primer Spray', not really sure if this does much for my foundation but it feels really refreshing on my skin, especially when doing my make up in the evening after I've had my skin care products on since the morning. 

I've been using the C.Y.O Long Lasting Foundation for a couple weeks now and it's working really well for me so far. I do feel like you have to use quite a few pumps of this foundation to cover my entire face but the finish if really nice and I colour matched myself really well so I'm proud. I do have  a couple of bad acne scars on my cheeks which just never get covered no matter how much product I put over them, if there's any recommendations for foundations or concealers that might help me please let me know - I need help.

As always, I used the Maybeline Eraser Eye Concealer under my eyes and on my chin, foundation never wants to stick to my chin for some reason but this concealer is literally a miracle in a bottle. The Eraser concealer is a product I don't think I could replace it's so good and I basically but it all over my face. If there is ever a foundation version of this concealer released, I would buy every bottle. 

To set my under eyes and the centre of my face, I use the C.Y.O Loose Powder. I powder my face with my beauty blender because when I use a brush I find that it drys my skin out and makes my foundation a little patchy but that could just be me not knowing how to do make up.

To bring back some life to my now pale, flat face I used the NYX Contour Palette. This was the first time I used this palette after I found it in TKMaxx for literally half the price it costs anywhere else, I've wanted it for a while but I'm not spending £20 on it so... I used the lightest shade to just bronze my face, I don't really contour because I don't know how. I also use the highlighter from the contour palette which is super cute and sheer which is what I like but I know lots of people do like to be blinding. My skin's been kinda funny at the moment and I have a lot of texture so I don't want to use a super intense highlight because I find it just enhances the texture underneath it and we don't like that here.

I used an E.L.F blusher, it doesn't say what shade but it's super sheer and just adds a tiny hint of some life to my cheeks, I just wanted to add a little bit of something. Normally I love really peachy blush but I've been wearing a lot of orangey shadows and when I do that I like to wear a more natural blush.

I've been enjoying a slightly more natural brow at the moment which is a big leap from the bushy, soap brows I love. I use the Revolution Cannabis Sativa Brow Gel to push my brow hairs up and then once the product has dried down I use a dark brown shadow to give a little more definition at the arch.  Unfortunately my brows are more like distant cousins than the twins I wish they were. I can't say that this product is any different to any other brow gel but it does hold them in place well and for a long time so I won't complain too much, but if you do use this make sure to wipe of excess product before putting it through your brows as I find it can be a little messy.

For some eyeshadow I used the Morphe 15N palette. My sister-in-law gave me this when she was sorting out her collection and I use it a lot, but I still don't know if I'd re-purchase it over a cheaper product. It's got great shades in it and the formula of the shadows is nice, but the palette isn't mind blowing or anything crazy special. I use a darker orange shade in my crease and a lighter orange shadow on my lid and on my lower lash line - I've been enjoying the classic 'autumn' colours I guess. It's nothing exhilarating but I do think it compliments my brown eyes pretty nicely, maybe one day I'll surprise everyone and actually do some exciting make up. 

Coming to the end, I curl my eyelashes and use the Maybeline Great Lash mascara. I don't think I'll ever find a better mascara, I love this one and have been using it for years. The formula is great and makes my eyelashes super long and dark without being clumpy and sticky. 

After wiping off any foundation off my lips, I use the Beauty Kitchen Love Me Wonder Balm in place of lipstick. I haven't been loving lipstick now the weather is getting colder as my lips are so incredibly dry, it just looks awful if I try to put any products on my lips. I like this lip balm in particular because it's oil based so gives an almost lip-gloss effect while nursing my dry, dry lips.


I'm not sure if this can be called a make up tutorial so I'm going to stick by it being more of a review type thing. I'd love to hear any recommendations for products that you love, I'm always looking for more stuff to add to my make up box because buying make up makes me happy.





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© listen to me baby | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig