Tuesday, November 19, 2019

MY NETFLIX FAVOURITES

I've had a lot of downtime recently which means I've also been watching a lot of new series and films.  I spend more time scrolling through Netflix deciding what to watch than actually watching anything, there's too much choice and, to be honest, there's a lot of bad shows on there too. Before you say anything, no, I haven't started Stranger Things yet. Please forgive me, but I have found some really cool shows and films that I'm in love with and feel the need to shout about to anyone who will listen.

(face mask on, tea brewed, ready to spend my evening binging netflix)

The Good Place

Kristen Bell is wonderful, I want to marry her. The series is still on-going and I can't even guess what is going to happen next which is what I think I like most about it. The characters and the storyline have completely engrossed me and this is the only show I actually watch religiously every single week. If you've never seen it, the plot is kind of hard to explain but I'll try; a group of strangers find themselves in an afterlife that's a little different than expected. It's so real and human, you can see different aspects of yourself in each of the characters and what they go through is oddly relatable considering it's set in the afterlife.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

(This isn't on Netflix but it's up on loads of streaming sites like NowTV!) I put this on to have some background sound as I fell asleep and ended up watching the whole thing and absolutely loving it. The graphics are beautiful, the colours and the style of the whole film are just so gorgeous to watch, plus the storyline is really interesting! I don't particularly like superhero movies but I love animated movies and this one was just amazing.

John Mulaney 'Kid Gorgeous' at Radio City

John Mulaney has quickly become my favourite comedian which isn't hard because I don't really like many anyway. His show at Radio City is super funny, and as a little extra the staging is also absolutely gorgeous. Easy watching but it's just so clever and witty.

All of the BBC Earth Blue Planet and Planet Earth series on Netflix

Do I need to explain why these series and documentaries are so good? I watch these series or movies before going to sleep or while I'm doing assignments, I pretty much watch it whenever I need to be the calmest calm. David Attenborough is the most wonderful person in the entire world, his voice is the most relaxing sound and the visuals throughout the BBC series are stunning.

Dead To Me

This series is a friendship love story, two strong women going through awful things, brought together in less than ideal circumstances. Throughout the series I couldn't take my eyes off what was unfolding on the screen, there's so many twists and gasp worthy moments, just an emotional rollercoaster. I binged the whole season in two days and as much as I wanted more episodes the ending is just SO incredibly perfect! I still can't get over how well the show was written and again, the ending is just wow. If you watch anything I have suggested, it has to be 'Dead To Me'.

Oldies but Goodies


The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Witchy, woman power is awesome. Even though this show is a little too 'teen drama' amid all the teen relationship plot lines, the main storyline is such a cool concept and the cinematography is so aesthetically pleasing. There is a great mixture of creepy stuff amongst the 'everyday' storylines which just works really well. Currently there's two seasons (i think) on Netflix but the show has reportedly been renewed for 2 more seasons which I'm super excited for.

Black Mirror

Black Mirror is the opposite of easy watching. The first episode I watched was the one with Miley Cyrus as I had never had much interest in the show as a whole, but after that one episode I wanted to see as many episodes as I could. The best part about this show, I think, is the fact that they're all stand alone episodes so you don't have to sit and watch a whole season to get the full story. Some of the stories are a little more intense than others and I will admit I didn't fully understand most of them, but they do make you think about some rather deep subjects that rattled me a little. My only tip is to not base your opinion on the whole show from just one episode, they're all completely different so find the ones you like.

Sex Education

I spoke about 'Sex Education' on my blog a while ago so I will pop in a link to that, but I still love the show and now that the second season has been announced I'm ready to re-watch the first season in preparation. The show is beautifully candid and shares some really difficult topics, the way some of the deeper topics are brought to light is done perfectly, which is hard for a lot of TV shows to accomplish. (https://listentome-baby.blogspot.com/2019/01/why-sex-education-is-so-important.html)


So before the Christmas movies start pouring in, well Netlix is already bombarded by them, maybe you'll enjoy some of these suggestions. If you have a favourite show or movie you think I'll enjoy, I'd love to hear recommendations. 
Share:

2 comments

© listen to me baby | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig