Monday, November 4, 2019

MY FAVOURITE OUTFITS


If you didn't already know, I'm absolutely obsessed with clothes. I love putting together different outfits and looking all cute and cool but as the cooler weather approaches I'm struggling to stay warm while also looking bomb. I love midi skirts at the moment (as you'll be able to tell) and I'm wearing them all the time with tights to keep my legs cosy. I hope you can get some ideas and inspiration for your autumnal wardrobe from these outfits!

(Top - Monki / Skirt - NewLook / Cardigan - NewLook / Bag - Primark / Shoes - Dr Martens)

Monochromatic outfits always look so sophisticated in my opinion. This skirt has such a lovely zebra pattern which looks so cool but it's not a too much 'in your face' pattern. The long sleeve Monki top fits so nicely with the high neck, the material is the softest t-shirt material I've felt and it's the perfect dark, stoney grey colour that just looks super high fashion (think the Yeezy collection colours). This cardigan is a recent purchase and I'm so excited to wear it. The knit is so soft and the slouchy fit is perfect, plus it has massive pockets which is always a plus. This mini bowling style bag was only £8 from Primark! I have so many handbags but I just couldn't leave this one in the shop. Also, a quick winter tip that I always do when wearing boots is to swap normal socks for fluffy bed socks to keep them toes toasty.

(Jumper - Monki / Trousers - H&M / Shoes - TKMaxx / Bag - Charity Shop)

These Trousers!! I am actually in love with them, thank god for the halloween section of clothing stores in October. I originally bought these thinking I would wear them for my birthday party and maybe a couple other parties but I've worn these so many times! It's surprisingly easy to dress these down, my favourite top to pair with these trousers is with this gorgeous, velvety knit Monki jumper, it's incredibly soft and brings an autumnal vibe with the mustard yellow colour. The only way I can describe these shoes are half boot, half trainer but whatever you want to call them, they look awesome and are super comfy too. 

(Top - Urban Outfitters / Skirt - NewLook / Coat - BooHoo / Shoes - Dr Martens / Bag - Vintage)

We love leopard print, especially on (fake) fur coats. This coat makes me feel so powerful, the length, the fur, the print - everything about it screams 'girl boss'. The plain, silk midi skirt is perfect to wear with literally anything, so simple but still so cute. This print on the long sleeve top is an adorable design and the slight frill that runs along the hem is so pretty. When I wear the leopard print coat I normally also wear my platform boots to add to the bad bitch vibe. 

(Top - Miss Selfridge / Skirt - Charity Shop / Coat - BooHoo / Shoes - Nike / Bag - Charity Shop)

Again with the monochrome pairings. This skirt is so cute, originally from Laura Ashley which isn't very 'me' at all, but it fits very well and looks so flattering on my hips (which are barely there so we love an accentuating style). The only downside to this skirt is that it's basically a sheet of fabric only fastened by two buttons at the top hem, this means that with the slightest blow of wind, the skirt blows open leaving little to the imagination, if you get me. Anyway. This off-the-shoulder, long sleeved top is a go to of mine at the moment, the fabric is nice and stretchy so it doesn't restrict my arm movement - which is what has put me off this style of tops for a while. The coat I decided to wear on top is the thickest and cosiest jacket, it has a high neck which I can pretty much fit my entire face into to keep myself nice and warm. I love that it's a cropped jacket because when wearing loose fitting trousers or skirts, I still look like I have some shape. With this skirt I do normally wear my Dr Martens but I wanted to bring out the white in the skirt so I replaced them with my Nike Air Force but I also would pair the shoes with my Kickers boots (right corner of the above photo) which I think would look really cool too.

(Fleece - Urban Outfitters / Skirt - NewLook / Shoes - TKMaxx / Bag - Primark)

This skirt is a recent purchase, one I wasn't completely sure on. I have many midi skirts but none with the pleats, I wasn't 100 percent sure how I could pull of this look but with the chunky trainers I think it feels more relaxed and more my own style. I LOVE these shoes, they're so chunky and funky but also so comfy and wearable. They work with nearly every outfit I put on and just look awesome all the time - plus they were only £12.99! The fleece is expensive for a fleece, but after looking for one second hand and failing to DIY my own, I finally gave in to the extortionate Urban Outfitters prices. The drawstring along the bottom hem allows the bottom to be made tight and the high neck being zipped up keeps my top half cosy warm and also the deep green colour of the fleece complements the gorgeous, bronzey/orange leopard print of the skirt.

If you haven't already, head over to my instagram to watch me put all these outfitters together on my IGTV. I haven't done a video style post in a while but I really enjoy them so I hope you do too.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© listen to me baby | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig